Sunday, May 20, 2007

My Tribute to the Sapnameister


An Ode To Sapna


Here’s to the greatest girl that left me yesterday.
My French American friend with whom I liked to play.


Together we traveled to places far and near,
Where we had a tequila shot, absynth, or bottle of beer.


Wherever we happened to be, per chance,
We were there to be giddy and happy and dance.


Ma Nolan’s, Wayne’s, Thor’s or even Blue Whales.
Our dancing never stopped, nor did our crazy tales.


If we had a nickel for every shot of tequila we took,
We’d both live in mansions with a butler and a cook.


If we had a dime for everytime we felt glee,
We’d be part owners of NYC.


If we had a quarter for every crush that we had,
We’d be serving Champagne at our Bachelorette pads.


And heaven forbid a dollar for every bad joke we relayed,
Never again would we have to be paid.


Antibes, Prague, Monaco, and Cannes,
All over the area we made awesome plans.


10 shots in 10 minutes and then some singing we did,
Which didn’t go over well, so we ran and hid.


Danced of tables, stages, and bars,
Sang in rooms, streets, and cars.


I miss you more than words could ever say
And today I missed you even more than yesterday.


I thought of you when I heard Billie Jean,
‘Cause I thought of your energy, fierce and everything but mean.


So to this I offer you a Dina Ode, even if the right words I lack,
And I would give a jabillion euros to have you back!


I miss you, and so does everyone else in Nice!! My blog (and time here in Nice) will suffer greatly without you in it :(.

No comments: