Hey everyone! Just giving you a quick update today....the good news is I did make stuffing, and I did eat the stuffing, and I am still alive to write about the stuffing. Surprisingly, it was quite tasty. It turned out that our dinner just became me and Alix, and Sapna and Elena. So 3 Americans and 1 Russian. How's that for PC? But it was a really good time...nice and low key, and with people that liked to make fun of everyone else. Good times. Alix also made a cheesecake that was absolutely amazing! I may have to hire her to make my wedding cake one day in the not near future.
Teaching the French Fries about Thanksgiving proved to be a little bit difficult, though. They didn't really get the concept or my drawings. I drew England and America with an arrow and a boat to explain the voyage of the pilgrims, and they were like "OHHHH. So Thanksgiving is like a Grand Prix?" And then when I tried to further explain it, they were like "So it's a holiday for vegetables." I just agreed. But one thing I would not back down on was my turkey being called a chicken. Wasn't gonna stand for that, because my depiction of a turkey was actually quite fantastic!
So that was Thanksgiving in France. It was fun and now there is a smoother transition in my mind between Halloween and the Holidays. So Yay!
Anyway, bon week-end! I'll send you a better update when I accomplish more to write about!
Missing you all!
XOXO
Dina
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment