Wednesday, November 15, 2006

It's been awhile...


Ok, so I know I've been slacking with the updates....I admit. But, I guess not a whole lot has happened since I last wrote awhile back. And really, I can't think of too much to write about now either, but I felt it was necessary to let you all know that I am alive and well (because I know you were all worried sick). I only had a half day of work today, which was quite nice, because it took all my strength to get me out of bed this morning. And I am somehow a part of a mysterious phenomenon, in which I defy the logic of time. Everyday I leave for work a little later than the last, realizing that I always arrive too early there with not enough to do. But yet, somehow I always get to work earlier than the previous time. I seemingly keep the same pace, and I definitely always go the same route. But that's that. Anyway, so I arrived at work this morning, and the classes went well. It was funny because I gave my students my e-mail address, and the first class went nuts over that. They were asking me if they could talk to me online through MSN messenger, and asking me when I was on and everything. I felt like the cool kid in school!

Then the best part of the day was the end. One student asked me where I live. And I said Nice. And, in all seriousness, the little French Fries were blown away by this concept. I think they somehow had the misconception that I lived in the United States and commuted everyday or something. It was hilarious. They were like 'you really live in Nice' and 'what road do you live on' as if they were testing my theory, or something. I think that was definitely the highlight of my short day.

Otherwise, nothing too crazy to report. I'm gonna try something new though. It's a little By The Numbers...

2 times I got pooped on by a bird in the last week.
0 times I played the lottery so far, although something is telling me I should.

5 guys I lied to in the park and told Alix and I were Russian to, so they would stop harrassing me cause I was an American
5 guys who happened to like Russians more than Americans.

8 times I read Dr. Seuss's ABC in one day to the little French Fries.
1 teacher who implied Dr. Seuss's ABC was a ridiculous one.

6 times today one of the kids called me Rachel (last year's English Assistant)

3 times I heard Nirvana being covered in the last week by a French group.

1 e-mail I have received in the last week...you guys are slacking!

So that's By The Numbers for you. I hope you enjoyed. It's getting dark here though, so I am going to get going. Hope you are all well, and I miss you very much!!

No comments: