Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Happy Holidays again from Nice!

I just wanted to write to say that I hope everyone had a great Chanukah or a fantastic Christmas!! I was lucky enough to have my coordinating professor invite me to her place for both Christmas Eve, and then Christmas. I was sort of not looking forward to the evening at first, since it was catering to her older French family, but it turned out to be a really good time, and I think it would be fair to say it ended up being two days of the best food I may have ever had, and hands down the best in France. BUT, I have to mention how much the French eat!! I guess this was my first typical many course French meal with wine and champagne coming out of the rear. Just to give you an idea of how much it is, I included the menu from both the Xmas Eve dinner and the Xmas lunch....

Christmas Eve

Champagne with Olives
Red Wine
Soup with scallops and mozzarella
Spinach with hard boiled eggs
Quiche with onions and turkey
Cheese with Salad
Tea
Apple Pie
Minced Meat Pies

Christmas

Champagne
Red Wine
Smoked Salmon with herbs
Oysters
Puff Pastries with Escargot
Duck with Orange Sauce, roasted potatoes, roasted artichokes, sautéed mushrooms
Cheese with Salad
Tea
Bouche de Noel (Chocolate mousse cake)
Christmas Pudding
Minced Meat Pies
Chocolate

I hope you all had a wonderful holiday thus far, and will continue the trend by having a wonderful happy and healthy New Year! I miss you all!!!!

XOXOX,
Dina

P.S. 1 Day until Megan comes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: